Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Weekend Life: Potipot Island

Whether it's because of towering paper works or your boss bitching you around or you merely wishes that somehow you have a better high paying job or you broke up with your man or for whatever reasons you have in mind... we all need an escape. A breathe of fresh air from the hassle and dazzle in the city. An escape from reality, even for a day or two.

Exactly what I did one Friday morning of August. Me and a group of friends boarded the bus all the way from Manila to Zambales, we are gathered only for one reason... to have fun. Our destination: POTIPOT ISLAND. Well, its an 8-hour ride and that's definitely a no fun but I slept through most of it anyway but still my bottom was hurting but there's no other means of traveling. This is the time that I wish that you can be magically transported with a blink of an eye. I know right, that's not gonna happen.

We arrived at our friends at around two in the afternoon. Some went to the market to buy things that we needed while the others including me stay behind and played pusoy dos. I'm not a gambler and I usually don't play cards, that was my first time and they taught me how. You had to have your own strategy and an ounce of luck to beat the others. It was so fun! If I ended up being addicted I am reminding you it is because of my friends *kidding*.

The weather was a bit glum and the waves are crashing temperamentally when the others arrived from town. We left Manila with a good weather but ofcourse no one bothers to check on the weather report. The locals told us that in order to cross the sea to Potipot Island, we had to have a bigger boat. Small ones is on danger especially with the erratic waves. Our host told us that we should bade our time and board the boat the next day but due to our limited time we still insisted. We're hopeful enough that somehow the sky will be at our favor.

Waves or not. Potipot Island here we come.

View of Potipot Island from the shore. It's approximately a 15 minutes boat ride from where we're standing
Here are some of the amateur pictures that I have taken 






"There is something about the ocean that makes you feel eternal"

Truly, the view of the ocean makes everything worthwhile, the sounds of waves crashing, the feel of the wind in your skin, the sand on which you walk makes you appreciate life to its fullest. This is truly the best way to relax after hard days at work. No matter how it ended whether a storm is on its way with your friends with you on your journey it will always be the best. 

Till then! See yah on my next journey! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *