Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Asian Traveller's Hotel & Restaurant


If you happen to be in Sta. Cruz, Laguna area and you're tired of the usual fast food joints, why not try something more local. Like, Asian Travellers Hotel/Restaurant located at Pagsawitan Road near/across the DLTB terminal.

My mom and I were to go to SSS Sta. Cruz but it was already lunch time so we decided to have our fill first. I was thinking about Chowking (again) but then my mom told me there was this restaurant that my father and his colleagues used to dine in after their municipal sessions. It's none other than Asian Traveller's Hotel & Restaurant. It offers both Filipino and Chinese cuisine.

This place is not a fine dining of sort, so don't expect anything grand but even with a non-air conditioned place and simple facade, Asian Traveller's has already made it's mark and is evident with a fully packed dining area.
 

 


 

We were just lucky that we were given a seat at once. And, because we were so hungry we ordered promptly. Unfortunately, the people on the other side of our table walked out because their food had taken so long to be served and there is a slight misunderstanding with the servers. Good thing our food was served 20 minutes after.
 


I wanted something hot to fill my hungry tummy so I ordered their Special Chicken Mami. The taste was ordinary and forgettable. It lacks seasoning so I had to add a lot of pepper to give it a kick. I like that it has lots of chicken and an egg on it.

While my mom opted for rice and an order of Beef with Ampalaya. An order is good enough for two. The beef may be a bit tough but the sauce tasted like asado siopao sauce so I like it. Hehe. The ampalaya was bitter, my mom can cook ampalaya without the bitter taste. I swear.

Asian Traveller's Hotel & Restaurant is so affordable and tummy filling. Will I go back? Maybe. They offer a lot of other dishes that I wanted to try. I heard that their Buttered Chicken is good. I have to try it.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *