Saturday, March 1, 2014

UST Foodtrip #1: 1236 Grillery


I've been living near UST for almost a decade now and I never engaged myself on a foodtrip until recently. I know right?! Where am I all the days of my life. I've seen that I have missed a lot already. Surrounding the area are lots of cafe, fastfood, diners, eateries name it they have it all. A total food haven and what else to love? Food are relatively cheaper for they cater mostly students. Yes!

For my first foodstop, located at Asturias St. near UST is 1236 Grillery. A small diner which serves steaks, fish, chicken, pork and pasta in a whole new level.

At Php 100-150 budget/person you can have a decent meal not only it looks appetizing but it taste great as well.

I ordered the recommended dish the, DEVILLED CHICKEN


Fried pocket chicken fillet stripped w/spinach and chili garlic cream cheese with homemade spicy tomato concassi sauce
The Devilled Chicken is a devil in hotness AND I LOVE IT! I love that the spiciness does not overpower the taste of the dish as a whole. The spinach and cream cheese is a surprise it goes well with the tomato based sauce and the juicy fillet chicken.

My brother got CHICKEN MI AMORE...

 Grilled Chicken fillet topped with salted bacon, tomato mushroom and pesto sauce
I get to taste a small portion of this and I can say that it is really creamy and the pesto flavor is distinct but I think the dish border the line of being a little salty.

Our overall experience made me hungry for more I just cant stop reminiscing the flavors that I just had. There's a lot to try and I'm going back soon.

Stay tuned for more of my UST foodtrip.
Ciao! 

1 comment:

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *