Friday, February 28, 2014

Mr. Kimbob: Korean Health Food


A lot of people are becoming responsible on what food to eat. Many are looking for a much healthier option that will satisfy both their tastebuds and their tummies and I am included on that "many" people.

Looking for healthier alternative is a problem no more. Mr. Kimbob is on! Mr. Kimbob is a Korean health restaurant found mostly on SM Foodcourts. I am an avid fan of Mr. Kimbob ever since I tried it and Bibimbob/Bibimbap is what I usually order. Bibimbap or mix rice includes a variety of side dishes which I am not familiar with, with the exception of kimchi. You can also choose between pork, beef or chicken. In which I would always go for the later.


I had Chicken Bibimbob (ofcourse!) I asked the waiter if I could changed the bean sprouts to another order of kimchi (bean sprouts is no-no for me) in which they gladly obliged. 

I love everything on my plate! Not all love kimchi but I do, it's an acquired taste perhaps. Now, how do you eat this? First, add gochujang, it is a special Korean sauce that will add a little kick to your meal. Second, Mix everything! As in everything! After mixing, help yourself! Dig in!

At Php 99 its quite affordable considering the serving, it was really huge. The myriad of flavors from the saltiness and sweetness of the chicken to the heat emanating from the sauce and the subtle tangy flavor from the side dishes plays well in your palate. It was so good!

You've got to try it!
Ciao! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *