Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Isla Cafe: Home of the Manila's best Puto, Pancit and Palamig


I'm frustrated and disappointed. I had wrong decisions. I made mistakes (a lot). I'm down to the very bottom. Felt like I just want to submerge into non-existence. Depression is taking its toll. And I just handle it the way I handle everything else through EATING. Heehee.

I thank my brother for this because he came to my rescue all the way from the south. Thanks bro! He meet me at Robinson's Manila. We strolled and looked for something new. I'm going to say it again (and again) noodles is my comfort food so that was what we looked for.

We then eventually spotted, Isla Cafe a cool looking modern Filipino style restaurant. The waiters and waitresses wore Filipinianas and Barong Tagalog which then greeted their customers in Filipino as "Binibini", "Ginoo".

Their menu is a variety of Filipino dishes. They have meryenda, panghimagas and palamig. Isla cafe is known to be the home of the best pancit, puto and palamig

We got to try one of our servers recommended dish the, Binawang na Sotanghon.


It was really good. The garlic flavor does not overpower the dish it has balance. But it was too oily and sadly I find the sotanghon a bit hard. The puto that came with it was so-so.

Since I wanted a cup of noodles, I ordered La Paz Batchoy.

The noodles were perfectly cooked. The soup was flavorful and not salty. The serving was huge. There is value for money. The overall dish was not the best that I had, I like it but not memorable.


The Lemon Lime Mint Shake, which I did not get to try, according to my brother was so refreshing. The combination of the lemon and mint was really enjoyable. He drunk it with so much gusto. He really loved it.

Isla Cafe has very cool interiors that is so relaxing. If you want to stay for a coffee and dessert you can do so, the feeling is very homey.

Till next time! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *