Tuesday, July 29, 2014

SumoSam ~ Crafted the Japanese way


I'm back! I am apologizing for the delayed posting in this little world of mine. I'm fixing a lot of things from the real world which is becoming so stressing I think I'm growing eye-bags and wrinkles... NOoooo!!! And there's not a lot of things to share except for personal issues which I doubt someone would like to hear. But I did find a spare time to finally share a little get together with my mom and two brothers. It's my younger bros 18th birthday, yikes! Our baby is no longer a baby. How time flies really fast. Happy Birthday my dearest brother you know I love you to the moon and back.

Birthdays like this means complete family, the dad, the mom, the two brothers and I. Now I know it'll never be. I was really hesitant for a celebration because my father passed away two months ago. Heck, I didn't celebrate my own birthday because I'm not up for it. But we have too, because apparently life has to go on and I know my dad doesn't want us to stay hidden on our caves. Life is a celebration and we have to make the most out of it and make memories to cherish.

So off we went to Nuvali to scout the area and have a breathe of fresh air or not. *hehe* in the midst of the city. Here are some of the pictures I've taken:






I remembered I told you once that occasions like this means Chinese or Japanese food, a lot of things changed but this one, NEVER. Brother like japanese food, we had it his way. We had chosen SumoSam since we haven't tried it.




If you know me well, you know that I will always have a serving of ramen but my two brothers beat me for it, they both ordered TONKOTSO RAMEN and CHASU RAMEN. So I did settle for a CHICKEN TERIYAKI BENTO while my mom had TONKOTSU SET ( Pork loin).

Tonkotso Ramen
You can choose from either SHOYU and MISO base. The shoyu is sweet while miso has a combination of both sweet and salty. My brother chose the latter. I get to taste the base and it has the right balance of sweet and salty. My brother agreed with me. He finished it to the bottom.

Chasu Ramen
I forgot to asked what the base is but it has subtle and slightly sweet taste compared to Tonkotso Ramen.  

Tonkotso Set

I haven't tried Yabu but this looks like Yabu except for the part that you'll do your own grinding for the sauce they don't do that here in SumoSam. I was actually looking forward for it because the pictures say so but instead they gave us I dont know what it's called but it's not the mortar and pestle thing. The set comes with a handful of cabbage and a miso soup and some picked veggies for the side.

The big bento box
Chicken Teriyaki

Sashimi. My Favorite
For myself, I had Chicken Teriyaki and it was served in a big bento box that I wanted to take home myself. *heehee. It comes with a miso soup and slices of pineapple for dessert. The Chicken Teriyaki is tender and is not too sweet. The sashimi is fresh and it melt's in your mouth.

The food may come as a bit pricey for me but considering the huge serving, who am I to complain right? Not to mention you can also ask for additional cabbage and miso soup. That is so awesome because I love both! Heehee!

The mini celebration dinner turns out great we share laughs and tears, we all miss our dad and his jokes. He's the strict but funny guy that everyone loves. He may not be physically here to celebrate with us but I know he's smiling on us from heaven. We're taking small steps dad. One day at a time.

Till next time! Ciao! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *