Thursday, July 31, 2014

Goldilocks


If I wanted Filipino food, I would skip the food court not only food is serve cold, often times it's unappetizing. If I can't have it at home, because cooking is not one of my many talents *hehe* , I would head to the nearest restaurant or diner to give in to my cravings. That's what happen one Thursday afternoon. After my follow up check up, I had undergone laparoscopic cholecystectomy a few weeks ago, my mom and I decided to have our lunch at SM Calamba. The many times we went there, Chowking was our go to place due to the fact that I can only eat kangkong and siomai because of my gall bladder problems. Imagine my frustrations when I wanted to eat something really good but I can't because the choices are limited to steamed or boiled and bland. That was before the surgery now I can eat anything (including my favorites) but in small amounts. Hooray! That is better than nothing at all.

To cut the story short, we head out to SM Calamba. With Filipino food in mind knowing that we have limited dining choices, I knew Goldilocks will never disappoint. I have always known Goldilocks as a bakeshop. The cakes for different occasions  whether it's for a 7th birthday or an 18th, a graduation or for just random get together. The fluffy mamon and ensaymada, which I love. How about their polvoron and caramel popcorn for your sudden cravings. The success of Goldilocks lead them to expand and offer food choices, preferably Filipino favorites. 

One of which is Kare-Kare, my all time favorite pinoy dish. Knowing that Goldilocks offer such, what else can I do. Right? :)

Kare Kare Ala Carte: Php 135 ; w/rice Php 150
I really love their Kare Kare. I love this after my mom's version *hehe* You can really smell the peanut and I just fell for that. It is really good especially with bagoong on the side. The tripe is tender and they didn't scrimp on the veggies. The serving size is good enough for two. This is a must try. Thumbs up! 

Rellenong Bangus Medley (Php 140)
The mom ordered the Rellenong Bangus Medley comes with a sotanghon and it is served with a 12oz pineapple juice and a cathedral window slice. Both the relleno and the sotanghon are my mom's favorite. I get a taste of both and agree with her that both are delicious and tasty. 

Cathedral Window Slice
Isn't it wonderful? It's a tedious process to make your own Cathedral Window Jelly. Good thing it is serve at Goldilocks as well. I like the firmness and the not so sweet jelly and get the creamy milky flavor which I love. 

Goldilocks surely knows how to capture the heart of Filipinos. It is evident with there almost 5 decades standing strong and firm. It is not only a brand but is considered now, a tradition.

See yah! Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *