Sunday, September 8, 2013

Falling in Love with Holdak Chicken


When and where and how did it happen that I only got to learn this lately?! Tell me! Tell me!! Okayy, Enough! :)

This is an innovation of the double deep fried /Korean-style chicken that its other competitors are offering. True to its name Holdak Chicken can make you totally, deeply and madly fall in love with the chicken. I got Holdak myself! Holdak Chicken opened early this year located at the ground floor of Mezza Residence right beside Starbucks. They offer "the real" Korean chicken which we Filipinos got to try since the rave of Bonchon and others. BUT! this is entirely different and way better than its competitors mostly because they offer different blend of flavors that the others lack. They have four variants of chicken in which you can choose from, yang-nyam, spicy yang-nyam, padak and jack daniel's. On top of that the chicken are boneless! Like the sound of it? oh yeah! Eating chicken can be that awesome. Aside from that the chicken is crispy even when its coated with the sauce, it is tender and juicy just the way I like it. Every bite can definitely bring you to heaven. Just by writing this makes me crave for more. HeeHee.

Spicy Yang-Nyam

This is not for the faint of heart. This is really spicy but I love it because I am fan of spicy food. It is never an issue. I could have more of this.

Jack Daniels
Their version of the famous jack daniel sauce (what is jack daniel sauce anyway? heehee) topped with caramelized onions. It is their bestseller and now I know why. This is highly recommended! The sweetness and smokiness is something that I can only describe by saying "Mmmmm...this is it! This is really is it!" matching with an eager look on my face.  ( 'kay that one is corny)

Curry Fries
If there is Mcdonald's Shake Shake Fries this is Holdak Chicken's version, Curry Fries though you nevee have to shake it. The smoky and spicy flavor is just right. Perfect for my palate and it complements with the other dishes as well.

*
Cheese Ramen served on a very cute casserole
If you wanted something to warm your stomach you ought to try their Cheese Ramen. At first glance it looks like my favorite lucky me noodles, but the broth beats it all. The cheesiness of this soup should never be underestimated it overwhelms me in a very good way. And did I tell you that it is served in a very cute container? Wheredya get those?! 

My overall experience at Holdak is something that I want to experience over and over again. I may not have gone yet to Korea but I felt that I had been magically transported from here to there. From their simple interiors to their awesome food I am a step closer to Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *