Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Quick Lunch: Katsudon

While many of us can be busy at times (or to lazy hehe) ,cooking is never an option. We just drop by at the nearest store and grab our food in the quickest time possible. That makes 7-Eleven and Ministop my ultimate "tambayan". They've come a long way from serving hotdog sandwiches, siopao and siomai they now offer rice meals and pastas and other pre-cooked food. The good thing is they keep on upgrading and expanding their selections. Real convenient for us busy people! ( or lazy people *winks)

Just like any other lunch day, you'll see me at 7-Eleven roaming around for something new (atleast something new for me). Then contemplate whether to try it or just stick around with my usual, which is a hotdog sandwich and siomai. But this day is no ordinary because I brave to try their "microwavable meal" which does not happen a lot because somewhere in me is a picky eater. I just have this connotation that they're no good. So judgmental. Haha!



But when I spotted Katsudon, I just have to give it a try. There is a thin pork somewhere (haha) coated with egg topped over a japanese rice with a sweet sauce. Honestly I don't expect much and its a good thing that I did not. I'm neither saying it's good nor bad. It was just okay. The flavor is there but still the taste is forgettable. I guess I just have to stick to my usual again. Oh but wait! There's a baby back ribs on the shelf hmmm... *winks*


Till then! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *