Sunday, December 8, 2013

Foodtrip: Army Navy

I maybe fat but I am never a burger kind of person. So what am I doing on a burger joint specifically, Army Navy. It is all my lil bro's fault, no it's my mistake actually I shouldn't have asked him where he wanted to eat knowing that he loves burger that much and I am the sister who will obliged no matter what. To cut the long story short we end up having our dinner at Army Navy near UST.

The place has a very modern-ish feel. Its actually very cool and comfy. There are a few diners since it's a Sunday evening. But on weekdays, whenever I pass the area on my way to work, the place is pack with students nonetheless.



Looking at their menu, I was flummoxed. I cannot do this. I felt temptation and guilt rolling at the same time. But what am I supposed to do, well I opted for the lesser evil (or so I thought). I ordered Vegetable Burrito. Haha! Well at least I still had my greens. If it does count.

Vegetable Burrito
"Flour Tortilla filled with Spanish rice, beans, onions, fresh lettuce, tomatoes, green bell pepper, cilantro guacamole and sour cream"

Salsa and the Sour cream
Here's the proper way to eat your burrito. See that? 
Vegetable Burrito comes with a slice of lime, salsa and sour cream. The combination of this all was very pleasant to my palate. I had 2-3 bites then I'm done. I had mine for take home. Not because it's not good enough. It's pretty flavorful but knock knock I'm trying to lose weight here and I can't just lose myself now. The order is too heavy for me and I just cant eat it on one sitting I'll have the rest of it tomorrow.

But what I cannot resist ( and I need to do my evening run for this ) is the Freedom fries. Which is actually a very limited freedom. This is where I am wishing that I have more of this seasoned, thinly cut, crispy fries. Pair it with their freshly brewed iced tea. So good and refreshing.

Why can't I have more of my freedom?
My lil bro's order was based on where his eyes landed first and that's the huge poster near the order taker, the Starving Sailor Sandwich. In which you can choose whether you like steak or chicken, my brother chose the latter.


"Thinly sliced Rib Eye Steak or Chicken topped with Jalapeno cheese spread, green bell pepper and caramelized onions in an 8-inch sourdough bread. "

I didn't get to taste this one, but according to lil bro at first bite, he noticed the bread. Its not like the others he had tried. Though the onions overpower everything and he just noticed the cheese spread like a minute before he finished eveything for him it was still really good and filling. And I am a living witness to that I saw it on his face and he ate everything in what, like, five minutes?? ;)

I am very much curious about the bread though, which my brother is raving on our way home. So maybe, there's a reason to be back at Army Navy's after all. ;)


Ciao! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *