Saturday, January 4, 2014

On meeting old friends at Sbarro


First and foremost forgive me for this is a late post it should have been before Christmas but the schedules didn't work out for me... :)

It was days before Christmas when a colleague of mine received a text message from a former boss, who happened to be one of my most treasured friend, asked us if we could meet up on a Sunday before she leave for the holiday. It was eons ago since I last saw her and so we have a lot of catching up to do. Way back when she was still around the office we would always have what we call "Foodtrip Friday" together with my two other trusted companions, who now no longer work for the company, yeah they left me. -_-  The friends I have. *tsk tsk* LOL^^

Anyway, Sunday arrived and we meet each other at Robinson Manila for a quick lunch and chit chat. It's a quick one because I have other engagements in the afternoon. Another thing I was so light headed from the hangover I had Saturday night.  You know, Christmas  a season where booze and merry making is everywhere. *winks*

In any other day I might suggest a Japanese (Ramen) or any Asian cuisine since this is what I prefer most of the time but since my brain was alcohol-impaired I let them choose by saying "kahit saan" , "kahit ano"... So we ended up with SBARRO. We didn't go that far, it was right there in front of us. Then there was this huge poster that says FESTA ITALIANA. We didn't want to order that at first but looking at their menu  gave us a hard time deciding. What better way to taste everything and offers affordability, of course you order the combo. FESTA ITALIANA is good for four persons. It includes Two 10' pizzas (choice of cheese, white or four cheese, and new york or gourmet toppings) One whole spaghetti, one whole zitti, half garden and macaroni salad and it also comes with a 1.5 liter of coke. All this for only Php 899. Great deal!

Baked Ziti
For the Baked Ziti, I'm not a big fan though I'm a cheese lover but this one is too much for me.  There's the "umay" factor.
Spaghetti
 I love the tanginess. It's not the sweet style that we Filipinos love. 


 

Garden and Macaroni Salad
This was the first time I had other pizza offer from Sbarro, I usually have their Chicago Deep Dish, which I LOVE. But for this, the pizza, garden and macaroni salad was okay. Not bad but forgettable.

Oh man! We were so full. The food was good for four and we're only three. Three girls. Three hungry girls but we didn't get to finished it because our tummies cannot handle it anymore. We had our take-home.

Other than the food, it's the bonding that  counts. We may rarely see each other  but it seems that we didn't missed a day apart. No awkward silence. No inhibitions and apprehensions. A day full of jokes and gossips of what's in and what's not. I miss this a lot. A WHOLE LOT. Medical work has been manageable and desirable when they were still around, but now it is becoming unbearable. But hey! No worries I'm still standing strong and firm. Fighting!^^

Will see each other again!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *